Tuesday 5 February 2013

F*#* Everything And Run?

Also known as FEAR!  I remember a few years ago I was on a training course in Florida and one of the things we had to do was challenge our fear and take a leap of faith.  The task was to stand 5 feet up on a cherry picker on a beautiful beach on Treasure Island, and fall back allowing people to catch me.  As I looked out I could see the ocean and it was beautiful.  Then I looked backwards, below me and the reality hit!  Although I was in a gorgeous location having a great time I was going to have to challenge my fear and fall backwards hoping that 10 people would catch me!
At that moment, everything was telling me to run, but I also knew that I wouldn't be facing my fear if I did!
So, I took a breath and fell, and I was caught!  
Today's tip of the day...face your fears (as long as it is safe to do so)!  Start with the smallest fears you have and do something each day to challenge them!

No comments:

Post a Comment